me and my best friend ( sister) were on skype and we spilt milk on the key board. we took some keys out and tried to soak up the milk. we shook the computer. and nothing happened and were putting the keys back on. please help us fix this or were in deep doo doo.
remove any power, ac power and remove the battery. turn laptop upside down so the liquid does not work
into the internals of the laptop. get a can of compressed air or take the laptop to a garage that has a air compressor that you can use to blow compressed air into the laptop keyboard to blow out the liquid before it dries. get a bag of rice put it in a cloth bag and place the laptop keyboard down on the bag of rice, place both the bag of rice and laptop in a paper bag for 24 hours to 48 hours.
at this point you can either take the machine apart and inspect or just provide power and see if the machine works as expected. I would just install the AC power not the battery at first to see if it works. (laptop batteries are expensive and you don't want to needlessly fry one)