Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Milk on my moms laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 4, 2012 3:47:31 AM

Hello,
me and my best friend ( sister) were on skype and we spilt milk on the key board. we took some keys out and tried to soak up the milk. we shook the computer. and nothing happened and were putting the keys back on. please help us fix this or were in deep doo doo.

More about : milk moms laptop

a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 3:59:07 AM

If youre lucky only the keyboard is damaged but its very likely the motherboard is fried unless you were able to cut all power before the milk hit the motherboard.
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 4:00:17 AM

If the computer does NOT turn on that's a serious problem.

In some cases, the problem can be addressed by removing the main components (battery, hard drive, RAM, keyboard) that can be accessed and blowing air into it with a hair dryer on LOW HEAT for five minutes to evaporate the remaining liquid.

Unfortunately, if you drop liquid on a working computer you may create a short circuit that damages vital components.

*If you smell something burning or see any smoke you've definitely destroyed some main components that likely mean the laptop is unsalvageable.
Score
Related resources
a c 433 D Laptop
November 4, 2012 4:08:20 AM

Nothing you can do now except wait for the milk to dry out before attempting to turn on the laptop. Put it in the warmest place in the apartment / house. It make take a couple of days for it to dry out.

Worst case scenario is the laptop short circuit and is now dead.
Score
November 4, 2012 4:13:35 AM

bignastyid said:
If youre lucky only the keyboard is damaged but its very likely the motherboard is fried unless you were able to cut all power before the milk hit the motherboard.

uhm. i didnt cut the power out. do you know how i can fix it?
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 4:35:58 AM

You'll need to replace atleast the motherboard and i doubt you'll get that done before your mommy finds out so id be working on some sad puppy dog eyes.
Score
November 4, 2012 4:43:28 AM

well im trying to buy another one and just hide hers. im trying to buy a cheep good working laptop. do you know where i could find one?
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 4:46:39 AM

Craigslist, or your local classifieds
Score
November 4, 2012 4:50:21 AM

i tried craigslist but i cant find anything cheep.
Score
November 4, 2012 5:42:50 AM

time to fess up to mom, lie or be honest, whatever you've been doing. you could soften the blow by finding a new laptop and offering to pay part
Score
November 4, 2012 7:39:44 AM

yea. thats not happening. im just gonna act like she lost it.
Score
November 4, 2012 7:47:18 AM

lol good luck
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 8:06:14 AM

madandtay said:
yea. thats not happening. im just gonna act like she lost it.

I'm sorry. You're an idiot, and just asking for more trouble. And you're obviously not old enough to be on these forums
Score
November 4, 2012 10:05:39 AM

Take it up with my butt. It's the only one that gives a crap around here.
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 11:49:35 AM

You had some advise. With that attitude probably not going to get much more.
About time you learn to grow up.
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 11:54:11 AM

And people wonder why children get beat, with attitudes like that some need a good butt whooping and maybe some military school.
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 11:58:10 AM

Time to close this "thread".
Score
November 4, 2012 1:46:20 PM

house70 said:
Time to close this "thread".

not before... Milf on my lap.
Score
November 4, 2012 2:14:47 PM

madandtay said:
Hello,
me and my best friend ( sister) were on skype and we spilt milk on the key board. we took some keys out and tried to soak up the milk. we shook the computer. and nothing happened and were putting the keys back on. please help us fix this or were in deep doo doo.
I did feel bad for you till i seen the way you acted to others trying to help you :pfff:  hopefully mom your butt so good you can't sit down for a week!
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 2:35:23 PM

madandtay said:
Hello,

remove any power, ac power and remove the battery. turn laptop upside down so the liquid does not work
into the internals of the laptop. get a can of compressed air or take the laptop to a garage that has a air compressor that you can use to blow compressed air into the laptop keyboard to blow out the liquid before it dries. get a bag of rice put it in a cloth bag and place the laptop keyboard down on the bag of rice, place both the bag of rice and laptop in a paper bag for 24 hours to 48 hours.

at this point you can either take the machine apart and inspect or just provide power and see if the machine works as expected. I would just install the AC power not the battery at first to see if it works. (laptop batteries are expensive and you don't want to needlessly fry one)

good luck
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 3:01:03 PM

envy14tpe said:
not before... Milf on my lap.

Not sure what my post have to do with that... statement of yours. :non: 
Score
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2012 4:15:15 PM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Score