I think my 6800 finally died.

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
My 6800 has finally died, RIP. How i dont no really it could be it being unlocked since the first week i got it or the OC on it.

During a game it just locked and the pc shut off, the power light was still on but everything was off, the motherboard leds was on as well.

tried it in my second machine same thing so it was not the psu it was the graphics card for sure.

when i took the power cable out the card and tried to switch it on the machine switched on and tryed to boot, obviuosly no display, but the fan on the graphics card was turning how can this be?

could it be a melted circuit on the power area which could be shorting the cards power out in turn putting the psu in safety mode?

Well on monday i will return it to pcworld, and exchange it for a new one.

<font color=purple> Dont expect Miracles humans made them. The blind are easily led by the blind </font color=purple>

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
maybe zertam can help you.

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

RichPLS

Champion
PC World... are you a hardware reviewer?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
no i just work there part time and i take things for free, thats where the x800xt came from.

I pushed the sh1t out of that card but i was wondering what could have failed to result in this weird problem when power is connected, because nothing on the board looked burnt out, and it was below 35c with water cooling.

<font color=purple> Dont expect Miracles humans made them. The blind are easily led by the blind </font color=purple>