windows explorer AND internet explorer crashes

every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close' crash
i think i have a virus
in my processes i have 2 strange ones
one is n6tgoxae.exe
the other is 86851316.exe
norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
these processes???
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer internet explorer crashes

    Make sure NAV, Ad-aware and Spybot have the latest updates.

    Turn off System Restore and reboot in Safe Mode (pressing F8 a few times
    while booting.)

    Run all three applications again.

    Reboot in Normal mode and turn on System Restore.

    --
    Michael

    Now run NAV, Ad-aware
    "Yax" <Yax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
    > 'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'
    > crash
    > i think i have a virus
    > in my processes i have 2 strange ones
    > one is n6tgoxae.exe
    > the other is 86851316.exe
    > norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
    > i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
    > can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
    > these processes???

    ok thanks
    i ll try this in the morning as its getting quite late now here
    i ll let you know how it goes

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Make sure NAV, Ad-aware and Spybot have the latest updates.
    >
    > Turn off System Restore and reboot in Safe Mode (pressing F8 a few times
    > while booting.)
    >
    > Run all three applications again.
    >
    > Reboot in Normal mode and turn on System Restore.
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >

    > Now run NAV, Ad-aware
    > "Yax" <Yax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
    > > 'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'
    > > crash
    > > i think i have a virus
    > > in my processes i have 2 strange ones
    > > one is n6tgoxae.exe
    > > the other is 86851316.exe
    > > norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
    > > i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
    > > can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
    > > these processes???

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Windows XP