windows explorer AND internet explorer crashes

every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close' crash
i think i have a virus
in my processes i have 2 strange ones
one is n6tgoxae.exe
the other is 86851316.exe
norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
these processes???

Make sure NAV, Ad-aware and Spybot have the latest updates.

Turn off System Restore and reboot in Safe Mode (pressing F8 a few times
while booting.)

Run all three applications again.

Reboot in Normal mode and turn on System Restore.

--
Michael

Now run NAV, Ad-aware
"Yax" <Yax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
> 'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'
> crash
> i think i have a virus
> in my processes i have 2 strange ones
> one is n6tgoxae.exe
> the other is 86851316.exe
> norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
> i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
> can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
> these processes???

ok thanks
i ll try this in the morning as its getting quite late now here
i ll let you know how it goes

"Michael T" wrote:

> Make sure NAV, Ad-aware and Spybot have the latest updates.
>
> Turn off System Restore and reboot in Safe Mode (pressing F8 a few times
> while booting.)
>
> Run all three applications again.
>
> Reboot in Normal mode and turn on System Restore.
>
> --
> Michael
>

> Now run NAV, Ad-aware
> "Yax" <Yax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every time i try to open anything that uses these programs i get a
> > 'windows/internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'
> > crash
> > i think i have a virus
> > in my processes i have 2 strange ones
> > one is n6tgoxae.exe
> > the other is 86851316.exe
> > norton fixes this is for a short while but then the problem soon returns
> > i have also tried spybot search and destroy as well as running AdAware
> > can anyone help me on how to fix my explorer problems and gettin rid of
> > these processes???

TRENDING THREADS