Problem with D-link dwl-650+ after upgraded driver.

I'm running a DI-714P+ (v.1.30) with a PC -XP-Home and have a Dell Laptop
running Win98 and a D-link DWL-650+ and it's working perfect.

But the other day when I tried to upgrade the DWL-650+ driver to v.3.07,
everything went wrong. I didn't got any contact with DI-714P+ and my other
XP-Home based PC, also lost contact with DI-714P+ and the Internet. But when
I unplugged my DWL-650, my other PC was back on the net again.

I had to uninstall the new DWL-650 drive and re-install the old driver again
for to get my laptop online again !??

Have anyone experienced something similar and/ or have any idea why this
happen?

Could it be that the driver v. 3.07 doesn't support WIN98 or something
else???

Pvest
1 answer Last reply
More about problem link upgraded driver

    Hi Pvest,

    I just did the same thing few days ago on a "Windows XP" machine for a
    DWL-650+ adapter but... had to go back to the previous driver.
    Otherwise the connection could not be made or hardly with its associated
    DI-614+ router.

    Peter

    "Pvest" <no@mail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > I'm running a DI-714P+ (v.1.30) with a PC -XP-Home and have a Dell Laptop
    > running Win98 and a D-link DWL-650+ and it's working perfect.
    >
    > But the other day when I tried to upgrade the DWL-650+ driver to v.3.07,
    > everything went wrong. I didn't got any contact with DI-714P+ and my other
    > XP-Home based PC, also lost contact with DI-714P+ and the Internet. But
    when
    > I unplugged my DWL-650, my other PC was back on the net again.
    >
    > I had to uninstall the new DWL-650 drive and re-install the old driver
    again
    > for to get my laptop online again !??
    >
    > Have anyone experienced something similar and/ or have any idea why this
    > happen?
    >
    > Could it be that the driver v. 3.07 doesn't support WIN98 or something
    > else???
    >

    > Pvest

D-Link Internet Windows XP Wireless Networking