need something removed from my computer

I have something that was downloaded from the internet onto my computer adn i
am having problems removing it. I ran a virus scan and it is still showing
up, I have put in in the recycle bin and deleted it and it keeps popping back
up. Can any one help me know how to remove this from my computer.
2 answers Last reply
More about need removed computer

    "Jtallens" <Jtallens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have something that was downloaded from the internet onto my computer adn
    > am having problems removing it. I ran a virus scan and it is still
    > showing
    > up, I have put in in the recycle bin and deleted it and it keeps popping
    > back
    > up. Can any one help me know how to remove this from my computer.

    Does it have a name?

    Go to
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym&close_parent=true

    Then Click on START under VIRUS DETECTION. It will ask you to install
    ActiveX controls, install them. It will scan your computer for viruses BUT
    it won't remove them. Find the virus/worm/trojan that you tried to delete,
    after its finished scanning, the results will display the different parts the
    virus is located in or the files or registry keys that the virus uses. Go to
    those files and registry keys and delete them. Delete them in Safe mode, I
    believe that you press F8 when your computer is booting/starting up(do it
    before the Windows XP screen is on) then choose to Start your computer in
    Safe Mode.
    I hope this helps.
    --
    Δ � į Σ Γ

    "bud" wrote:

    > "Jtallens" <Jtallens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have something that was downloaded from the internet onto my computer adn
    > > am having problems removing it. I ran a virus scan and it is still
    > > showing
    > > up, I have put in in the recycle bin and deleted it and it keeps popping
    > > back
    > > up. Can any one help me know how to remove this from my computer.
    >
    > Does it have a name?

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP