need something removed from my computer

June 22, 2005 5:53:03 PM

I have something that was downloaded from the internet onto my computer adn i
am having problems removing it. I ran a virus scan and it is still showing
up, I have put in in the recycle bin and deleted it and it keeps popping back
up. Can any one help me know how to remove this from my computer.

More about : removed computer

June 22, 2005 8:58:44 PM

"Jtallens" <Jtallens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have something that was downloaded from the internet onto my computer adn
> am having problems removing it. I ran a virus scan and it is still
> showing
> up, I have put in in the recycle bin and deleted it and it keeps popping
> back
> up. Can any one help me know how to remove this from my computer.

Does it have a name?
June 22, 2005 8:58:45 PM

Go to
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?productid=s...

Then Click on START under VIRUS DETECTION. It will ask you to install
ActiveX controls, install them. It will scan your computer for viruses BUT
it won't remove them. Find the virus/worm/trojan that you tried to delete,
after its finished scanning, the results will display the different parts the
virus is located in or the files or registry keys that the virus uses. Go to
those files and registry keys and delete them. Delete them in Safe mode, I
believe that you press F8 when your computer is booting/starting up(do it
before the Windows XP screen is on) then choose to Start your computer in
Safe Mode.
I hope this helps.
--
Δ � į Σ Γ