DCOM Error Event Number 10000

Hi,

I've had a problem now for a while with my broadband disconnecting.
My phoneline checks normal.
My ASDL line checks normal.
My drivers are up to date....blah blah blah...

In the system events viewer I get an error... DCOM... Event Number 10000,
Unable to start a DCOM server {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} The
error:
''The system cannot find the path specified''
Happened when starting this command:
''C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe'' - Embedding

Ok, so this is obviously refering to Windows Messenger, rather than MSN
Messenger.

I read a lot of articles about msmsgs.exe could possibly be a virus, so I
deleted the whole thing... the whole folder.

So my questions are this....

1) Am I getting this error because my connection dropped OR is it causing
the connection to drop or neither?

2) I uninstalled this, so I thought and removed any folders, files etc....
How can I prevent this command being called in the future?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Please see if the following link helps:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=10000&source=dcom