Air flow direction for Pacman cocktail fan?

Can anyone tell me if the fan on the bottom is normally designed to exhaust
warm air, or to force cooler air into the cabinet?

The original fax was broken and didn't have any air flow direction
indicators that I could find.

Thanks,

Frank
3 answers Last reply
More about flow direction pacman cocktail

    It is suppose to exhaust warm air from the cabinet and from in front of the
    board.

    Brian

    "F. J. Townsend, III" <ftownsen@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me if the fan on the bottom is normally designed to
    > exhaust warm air, or to force cooler air into the cabinet?
    >
    > The original fax was broken and didn't have any air flow direction
    > indicators that I could find.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Frank

    If the air is drawn into the machine so is the dirt and dust.
    And because the fan is under the machine it would be ten times worse.
    You would be shoveling the dirt out :-)

    I wonder how this is decided from an engineering point of view.

    It would make equally good sense to me to use the fan to pressurize the
    cabinet, pulling in cool air from underneath the cabinet and allowing the
    warm air to be pushed out from gaps and grills in the upper parts of the
    case. This would also more closely match the pattern of flow in the cabinet
    caused by the tendency of cooler air to sink to the bottom of the cabinet
    pushing warmer air upward and out.

    PC cases usually have exhaust fans (negative pressure) while I have been
    told that other computers use a positive pressure setup./ Is it arbitrary
    or are there other considerations?

    "Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
    > It is suppose to exhaust warm air from the cabinet and from in front of
    > the board.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > "F. J. Townsend, III" <ftownsen@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me if the fan on the bottom is normally designed to
    >> exhaust warm air, or to force cooler air into the cabinet?
    >>
    >> The original fax was broken and didn't have any air flow direction
    >> indicators that I could find.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Frank

Games Video Fan Video Games