louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

Win XP Pro

I know that I'm supposed to hit the F8 key at the "right" moment - just
before windows actually starts.

But everytime I do it, I either hit it too soon and land up being asked
which boot device I want, or it's too late and Windows has already
started :)

Is there another method of booting into safe mode other than trying to
hit f8 at the "exact right moment"?

TIA

Louise

No
try tapping it continously from the moment the BIOS info screen disappears
peterk

the problem
"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro
>
> I know that I'm supposed to hit the F8 key at the "right" moment - just
> before windows actually starts.
>
> But everytime I do it, I either hit it too soon and land up being asked
> which boot device I want, or it's too late and Windows has already
> started :)
>
> Is there another method of booting into safe mode other than trying to
> hit f8 at the "exact right moment"?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Go to start..run..type in msconfig and hit enter. Go to the boot.ini
tab and put a check in safeboot and restart. Be sure to uncheck it
when you're through.

--
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.