pac man yellow spray paint?

i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.

anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
home deephole, etc)

thanks.
k.
13 answers Last reply
More about yellow spray paint

    wow. that was fast. thanks.
    anyone have an estimate of how many cans it'd take for both sides of a
    fullsize pac cabinet.

    i'll likely prime it with some kiln spray I have in the garage so it
    should cover well. i wish it was a rustoleum color. IMO from my back in
    the days grafitti experience nothing covers like rusto. it's like a wet
    blanket of color. :)

    also... are there any spray paints that match ms pac blue? dont really
    want to roll it.

    C-I-L makes a colour called "Curry Spice". It's a spot on match to
    Pac-Man yellow. It's not a spray, though.

    Krylon - Sun Yellow (WalMart stocks it).
    <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
    > paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.
    >
    > anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
    > home deephole, etc)
    >
    > thanks.
    > k.

    There is no way that spay can painting a whole cabinet is going to look
    decent. You wouls be much better off using some oil based paint with a low
    nap(sponge) roller to get a nice paintjob. If you take your time and do the
    job right you can actually get a very very nice paintjob using a roller.

    Ken.

    > wow. that was fast. thanks.
    > anyone have an estimate of how many cans it'd take for both sides of a
    > fullsize pac cabinet.
    >
    > i'll likely prime it with some kiln spray I have in the garage so it
    > should cover well. i wish it was a rustoleum color. IMO from my back in
    > the days grafitti experience nothing covers like rusto. it's like a wet
    > blanket of color. :)
    >
    > also... are there any spray paints that match ms pac blue? dont really
    > want to roll it.

    The cab will look like ass if you spray paint it with cans. A professional
    sprayer is preferred (best results), the roller is second (not perfect but
    consistent looking) and cans are horrible. You'll end up with patchy
    shadowing all over the place, giving it a real ghetto feel.

    I use black spray to paint small metal pieces but any area that is more than
    3" squared will be ugly. Use a smooth roller if you don't have access to a
    good sprayer.

    tim (NH)

    guinness wrote:
    > The cab will look like ass if you spray paint it with cans. A professional
    > sprayer is preferred (best results), the roller is second (not perfect but
    > consistent looking) and cans are horrible. You'll end up with patchy
    > shadowing all over the place, giving it a real ghetto feel.
    >
    > I use black spray to paint small metal pieces but any area that is more than
    > 3" squared will be ugly. Use a smooth roller if you don't have access to a
    > good sprayer.
    >
    > tim (NH)

    Eh, it depends how you do it. Multiple coats a decent distance away and
    a good spray technique had some good results for me. Also, finishing it
    with a matte clearcoat covers up any shadowing or texture differences.
    I'm not saying don't use a roller, just that spray doesn't have to look
    ghetto.

    -Matt

    > <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>wow. that was fast. thanks.
    >>anyone have an estimate of how many cans it'd take for both sides of a
    >>fullsize pac cabinet.
    >>
    >>i'll likely prime it with some kiln spray I have in the garage so it
    >>should cover well. i wish it was a rustoleum color. IMO from my back in
    >>the days grafitti experience nothing covers like rusto. it's like a wet
    >>blanket of color. :)
    >>
    >>also... are there any spray paints that match ms pac blue? dont really
    >>want to roll it.

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    In the Krylon Fusion line they call that color "Sunbeam".
    They also make a water-based spray called "H2O", in which case
    the color is called "Yellow Sea". Never tried that stuff though....
    I've used the Fusion paints and they seem to give great results
    on just about any surface.

    If I was painting a whole side I'd go with a roller though....

    Matt

    "LarryC" <larry@donspam.hermitcreek.com> wrote in message news:1124892845.b4ea4df7ab221656c92dc8c010228a0e@teranews...
    > Krylon - Sun Yellow (WalMart stocks it).
    > <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message news:1124892792.796298.73930@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    >>i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
    >> paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.
    >>
    >> anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
    >> home deephole, etc)
    >>
    >> thanks.
    >> k.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Ace hardware sells an oil based yellow (not sure which) that was a dead on
    match to a pac cab through an analyzer. Roll on though, but that really
    should be the way you go IMO. Spray is going to look blotchy unless you are
    really good with it, and end up costing way more for a decent coating.

    <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
    > paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.
    >
    > anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
    > home deephole, etc)
    >
    > thanks.
    > k.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I used Krylon Fusion on the weekend to paint a table.... came out GREAT!...
    it was apparently made as the name states to fuse to just about any
    surface... plastic, wood, ETC just my $.02

    --

    AF

    "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > In the Krylon Fusion line they call that color "Sunbeam".
    > They also make a water-based spray called "H2O", in which case
    > the color is called "Yellow Sea". Never tried that stuff though....
    > I've used the Fusion paints and they seem to give great results
    > on just about any surface.
    >
    > If I was painting a whole side I'd go with a roller though....
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "LarryC" <larry@donspam.hermitcreek.com> wrote in message
    > > Krylon - Sun Yellow (WalMart stocks it).
    > > <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    > >>i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
    > >> paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.
    > >>
    > >> anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
    > >> home deephole, etc)
    > >>
    > >> thanks.
    > >> k.

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Krylon Sun Yellow Gloss, available at your local Walmart store.

    Mark Hooks

    <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >i thought i saw on here or somewhere on the interweb about a spray
    > paint color that was very close to the pac man yellow.
    >
    > anyone know what color/brand it is and who stocks it (lowes, kmart,
    > home deephole, etc)
    >
    > thanks.
    > k.

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Painting with oil, bleeaak! I've always used a prof compressor
    sprayer that Brian recommended. But I've always used water based
    latex enamel. It's just so much easier all the way around, clean up,
    unwanted overspray, etc.
    I have a defender project coming up for painting here soon and I am so
    turned off to oil and autoprimer that I'm considering doing both a
    Lunar Lander and Defender projects in the same Satin Black Latex
    Enamel with a few good undercoats of Kilz2 primer.
    Any comments?

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:38:15 -0500, "Ken Adkins"
    <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote:

    >There is no way that spay can painting a whole cabinet is going to look
    >decent. You wouls be much better off using some oil based paint with a low
    >nap(sponge) roller to get a nice paintjob. If you take your time and do the
    >job right you can actually get a very very nice paintjob using a roller.
    >
    >Ken.
    >

    ><winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >> wow. that was fast. thanks.
    >> anyone have an estimate of how many cans it'd take for both sides of a
    >> fullsize pac cabinet.
    >>
    >> i'll likely prime it with some kiln spray I have in the garage so it
    >> should cover well. i wish it was a rustoleum color. IMO from my back in
    >> the days grafitti experience nothing covers like rusto. it's like a wet
    >> blanket of color. :)
    >>
    >> also... are there any spray paints that match ms pac blue? dont really
    >> want to roll it.

  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Matt, did you use spray cans.. or a spray compressor... there's a world of
    difference right there in the delivery method..

    I've never been able to get spray cans to give a flawless effect.. however,
    my trusty compressor and my spray guns make light work of it..

    - Chris.
    www.myarcadegames.com
    ( Perth, Western Australia )

    "Matthew DeSantis" <md4l@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message
    > guinness wrote:
    >> The cab will look like ass if you spray paint it with cans. A
    >> professional
    >> sprayer is preferred (best results), the roller is second (not perfect
    >> but
    >> consistent looking) and cans are horrible. You'll end up with patchy
    >> shadowing all over the place, giving it a real ghetto feel.
    >>
    >> I use black spray to paint small metal pieces but any area that is more
    >> than
    >> 3" squared will be ugly. Use a smooth roller if you don't have access
    >> to a
    >> good sprayer.
    >>
    >> tim (NH)
    >>

    > Eh, it depends how you do it. Multiple coats a decent distance away and
    > a good spray technique had some good results for me. Also, finishing it
    > with a matte clearcoat covers up any shadowing or texture differences.
    > I'm not saying don't use a roller, just that spray doesn't have to look
    > ghetto.
    >
    > -Matt
    >

    >> <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>wow. that was fast. thanks.
    >>>anyone have an estimate of how many cans it'd take for both sides of a
    >>>fullsize pac cabinet.
    >>>
    >>>i'll likely prime it with some kiln spray I have in the garage so it
    >>>should cover well. i wish it was a rustoleum color. IMO from my back in
    >>>the days grafitti experience nothing covers like rusto. it's like a wet
    >>>blanket of color. :)
    >>>
    >>>also... are there any spray paints that match ms pac blue? dont really
    >>>want to roll it.

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Chris did you say you mainly used oils? Is there laquer involved?

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:26:30 +0800, "Chris Bedwell"
    <nospam*games@westnet.com.au> wrote:

    >Matt, did you use spray cans.. or a spray compressor... there's a world of
    >difference right there in the delivery method..
    >
    >I've never been able to get spray cans to give a flawless effect.. however,
    >my trusty compressor and my spray guns make light work of it..
    >
    >- Chris.
    >www.myarcadegames.com
    >( Perth, Western Australia )
    >
    >"Matthew DeSantis" <md4l@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message
    >> guinness wrote:
    >>> The cab will look like ass if you spray paint it with cans. A
    >>> professional
    >>> sprayer is preferred (best results), the roller is second (not perfect
    >>> but
    >>> consistent looking) and cans are horrible. You'll end up with patchy
    >>> shadowing all over the place, giving it a real ghetto feel.
    >>>
    >>> I use black spray to paint small metal pieces but any area that is more
    >>> than
    >>> 3" squared will be ugly. Use a smooth roller if you don't have access
    >>> to a
    >>> good sprayer.
    >>>
    >>> tim (NH)
    >>>

    >> Eh, it depends how you do it. Multiple coats a decent distance away and
    >> a good spray technique had some good results for me. Also, finishing it
    >> with a matte clearcoat covers up any shadowing or texture differences.
    >> I'm not saying don't use a roller, just that spray doesn't have to look
    >> ghetto.
    >>
    >> -Matt
    >>

    >>> <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message

Games Video Video Games