Deadbeat Buyer "69_gt500" - Passing on a warning...

Thought I would pass on to the group my experience with a Ebay member
"69_gt500". He is the deadbeat that hit the buy-it-now on my Tempest
over 6 weeks ago. He promised to send payment overnight right away.
Well, after 6 weeks and dozens of broken promises I gave up and
relisted the game (sold it again today). This guy never picks up the
phone and takes days to return emails or phone messages. I was stupid
and palletized and wrapped the game so it would be ready to go as soon
as I received payment....never happened. I could not park my vehicle
in the garage for 6 weeks because the game was right in the way. Boy I
feel stupid! Anyway, learn from me and save yourself some
heartache...avoid this guy (69_gt500). He is out of Canada, near
Calgary.

He bought a game from me once, he did take a long time to get the deal
finished up, but he did make good on it. But 6 weeks is WAAAY to long
for me to wait on a ebay deal.

Well, thankfully I'm not waiting on payment for a game, but I did sell
them some artwork recently that's yet to have been paid for. They've
essentially been non-existent since the auction ended....

Well.. keep in mind that the percentage you see is NOT the percent that
ebay uses to determine acceptance in the powerseller program. The
number you and I see does not count multiple feedbacks left by the same
person. Ebay DOES use those for powerseller. I haven't looked at this
guy's feedback but it might be higher than you think, for the purposes
of that program.

What are the "perks" of being a powerseller, anyway?! I was a
powerseller for a while, but can't recall any benefits. Other than the
cute little icon and access to the powerseller bulletin board, that is.
I was thinking I'd get some sort of certificate, but I didn't even get
that.

I'd just as soon not be a powerseller. Remember the talk earlier in
the year about the IRS starting to track powerseller's sales volume so
they could collect taxes on it? Supposedly they do not have access to
Ebay's records YET, but I don't want to flag myself as one of the
people to go after first when they do!

I just finished up completing the non-paying buyer complaint in order
to get my selling fees back. And I just got an email from him stating
that Ebay sent him a "strike one" email. Not sure what all that means
if anything....a neg is next.
Garry

Why don't you guys leave negs for the guy?

He's a power seller and if he doesn't maintain 98% feedback he's banned from
being a power seller and the perks he gets with that (ebay looking the other
way on minor infractions)

1 neg would be all it would take right now to drop him down to 97.7% and 2
negs would drop him to 97% and it would take 68 more positives for him to
get back to 98% + feedback!

Don't be chicken. Warn others of his deadbeat ways and warn buyers of the
way he treats others

emailgsr@yahoo.com wrote:

> I just finished up completing the non-paying buyer complaint in order
> to get my selling fees back. And I just got an email from him stating
> that Ebay sent him a "strike one" email. Not sure what all that means
> if anything....a neg is next.
> Garry

I believe that's the canned response to a non-paying buyer. Two more
strikes and they will restrict/close the account.
Brian Ray