Sign in with
Your question

AMD processor in laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 5, 2012 2:35:09 PM

will an AMD a8 or a10 processor run a graphics program with these requirements Windows 7 or 8 64 bit
Multi-Core CPU (e.g., Intel i5, i7)
8 GB of Memory
50 GB of available hard disk space
1 GB high performance video card (e.g., NVIDIA or ATI)

More about : amd processor laptop

a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2012 3:00:51 PM

yes. But usually it have more detail then mulit-core and 1GB high performance video card.
m
l
a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2012 3:02:29 PM

Yes, just be sure to allocate 1GB of memory in your BIOS to be used by the APU (the on-board video) in order to meet the requirements.
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2012 3:08:17 PM

COLGeek said:
Yes, just be sure to allocate 1GB of memory in your BIOS to be used by the APU (the on-board video) in order to meet the requirements.

How do I do that? I am not experienced at all. Is it something thta can be done when I purcchase it?
m
l
a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2012 3:16:46 PM

When you power the system on, you usually press the DEL or F2 key to enter into the BIOS. There you will find options to configure your on board video, including how much memory to assign for its use. Adjust as needed and then save. That's it.

Good luck!
m
l
November 5, 2012 3:22:42 PM

Thank you very much. Do you have a preference in Brand between HP Acer and levono
m
l
November 5, 2012 3:23:57 PM

COLGeek said:
When you power the system on, you usually press the DEL or F2 key to enter into the BIOS. There you will find options to configure your on board video, including how much memory to assign for its use. Adjust as needed and then save. That's it.

Good luck!

Thank you ! any preference between Lenovo HP or Acer?
m
l
a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2012 3:36:38 PM

I would rank them in this order:

1. Lenovo
2. HP
10. Acer

I made Acer #10 to indicate how I feel about them. I am not impressed with their products nor their support after the sale.

Your call. Good luck!
m
l
November 5, 2012 4:13:30 PM

Grumps12 said:
Thank you very much. Do you have a preference in Brand between HP Acer and levono

I would go for HP i guess it has better customer care.............. :sol: 
m
l
a b À AMD
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2012 4:16:42 PM

HP makes pretty decent stuff and often for a good price. Way better than Acer. Good choice.
m
l
November 5, 2012 4:34:16 PM

Yup very good value for money and sometimes the compromise on the build quality is more prominent in HP through weighty devices and a tad bit lower grade displays(in terms of colour saturatioin, viewing angles...)
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
November 5, 2012 11:15:32 PM

Hi :) 

The last poster has a VERY good point....

The software may NOT accept an A8/A10 as its NOT a card.... !!

You really need to ask the software manufacturer that question BEFORE YOU BUY A LAPTOP....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!