Are Fido CRs intentionally ignorant?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 16, 2005 6:15:12 PM

I've been a fido customer for about a week and as a counscious consumer I
try to find out as much as I can about the details of their charging system.
So I'm passing by one of their authorised retailers and I figure "Heck,
these guys must know what they're talking about, otherwise they wouldn't
make a living at it!". I walk in and start asking him about the unlimited
minutes in my account.
Me: "Do you know if my unlimited incoming minutes apply when I'm outside my
calling area?"
"Sure!"
Me: "It's just that I read it's local incoming minutes..."
"I'm pretty sure... but I can call them to confirm"
<after a 5 minute conversation>
"OK... if you're outside your calling area, say Montreal, you have unlimited
incoming minutes as long as the person is calling you locally, in this case
Montreal. If he's calling you from anywhere else, the unlimited minutes
don't apply"
Me: "Huh?"
After realising how silly that answer was, I just wanted to find out how
much the data is on fido.
Me: "How much does fido charge for data on a pay-per-use basis?"
"Errr... you can't... you have to sign up for a monthly data package"
I just walked out.

After a few days, I place a call to 611 to add the $5/100 LD minutes.
Me: "Just to make sure, these 100 minutes cover LD minutes that I receive
when I'm outside my calling area, for example Montreal, right?"
"No, they don't. If you're outside your calling area that means you're
roaming and you'll have to pay long distance charges."
Me: "Roaming charges apply when I'm not within fido coverage like when I'm
in the States. If I'm in Montreal, I'm still within the fido coverage and I
should only pay long distance and air time. There is a difference between
roaming and long distance."
"Whatever... you're still paying the long distance even with the $5/100 LD
minutes plan if you receive a call there."
Me: "I really doubt that. Could you please confirm that with somebody?"
<after 10 minutes on hold>
"I'm really glad you had me check that.... you were right! The LD minutes
are included. It's only if you make a call to somebody in Montreal that
you'll be charged long distance."
Me: "Huh? Wouldn't that be a local call?"
"No sir"
Me: "Could you please check that?"
<after another few minutes>
"Yes you're right"

Don't even get me started on the time I was trying to find out how I'm
charged for Fax Messaging.

Am I just unlucky enough to get the ppl that were just hired three hours ago
and never used a cell phone before? Or are they all completely ignorant on
any wireless issues? They keep telling me to refer to their website but
there is no detailed information about billing on there.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:08:56 PM

my experience is that they are all a bunch of dip shits

"Ryan T." <bishnitza@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o t0_d.18329$N8.486518@news20.bellglobal.com...
> [...]
> <after 10 minutes on hold>
> "I'm really glad you had me check that.... you were right! The LD minutes
> are included. It's only if you make a call to somebody in Montreal that
> you'll be charged long distance."
> Me: "Huh? Wouldn't that be a local call?"
> "No sir"
> Me: "Could you please check that?"
> <after another few minutes>
> "Yes you're right"
>
> Don't even get me started on the time I was trying to find out how I'm
> charged for Fax Messaging.
>
> Am I just unlucky enough to get the ppl that were just hired three hours
> ago
> and never used a cell phone before? Or are they all completely ignorant
> on
> any wireless issues? They keep telling me to refer to their website but
> there is no detailed information about billing on there.

March 17, 2005 12:25:20 AM

Hell,
you are surprised?
I know people that support computers and dont even own a computer. go figure
eh.
> [...]
> Me: "I really doubt that. Could you please confirm that with somebody?"
> <after 10 minutes on hold>
> "I'm really glad you had me check that.... you were right! The LD minutes
> are included. It's only if you make a call to somebody in Montreal that
> you'll be charged long distance."
> Me: "Huh? Wouldn't that be a local call?"
> "No sir"
> Me: "Could you please check that?"
> <after another few minutes>
> "Yes you're right"
>
> Don't even get me started on the time I was trying to find out how I'm
> charged for Fax Messaging.
>
> Am I just unlucky enough to get the ppl that were just hired three hours
> ago and never used a cell phone before? Or are they all completely
> ignorant on any wireless issues? They keep telling me to refer to their
> website but there is no detailed information about billing on there.

March 17, 2005 12:25:21 AM

In message <4v1_d.701838$6l.133276@pd7tw2no> "¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨"
<ok@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Hell,
>you are surprised?
>I know people that support computers and dont even own a computer. go figure
>eh.

I've seen people that support computers who are PROUD to not own a
computer.

--
This post is double ROT13'd for extra security. Attempting to violate
or decode this post without written authorization is a violation of the DMCA.

Hey, all that beats being bold-faced lied to and, when confronting the
CSR's manager with the fact that you recorded what was said, being
told that you can't use it in court because you weren't authorised to
record them. Seriously, that happened to me with Fido. Actually,
that was the day I became ex-Fido.

I like to call it the 'Rogersization' of Fido. Sure, they used to
make a lot of mistakes even before they were bought out, but at least
they used to fix them without much of a hassle.

!