windows search

problem with windows search, doesn't find anything even if the files are
there and if sometimes finds a file, cannot open the folder. Can any one
help? Using xp pro sp2.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows search

    Show the hidden files and folders Rightclick C:\Windows\Inf\srchasst.inf Click install. The required file is in ../I386 folder on
    the XP CD

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "ZX4" <kimlagoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:UHwue.4924$PZ6.4782@trndny08...
    > problem with windows search, doesn't find anything even if the files are there and if sometimes finds a file, cannot open the
    > folder. Can any one help? Using xp pro sp2.

    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:UHwue.4924$PZ6.4782@trndny08,
    ZX4 <kimlagoon@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > problem with windows search, doesn't find anything even if the files are
    > there and if sometimes finds a file, cannot open the folder. Can any one
    > help? Using xp pro sp2.

Support Windows Search Microsoft Windows XP