printer.............getting stripes on printing

hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then banded
with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when i
print pictures from the digital camera.
Hope some one can assist me with this..
--
snowey

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:02:01 -0700, snowey
<snowey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
>when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then banded
>with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when i
>print pictures from the digital camera.
>Hope some one can assist me with this..

This usually indicates that you are running out of ink.
I advise you to replace your ink cartridges.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that others may be instructed or informed

Mike

Splendid

Are the bands areas of lower ink density where one color is absent? Or are
the stripes grungy heavier deposits like ink deposited on the printer from
the paper, as the paper is coming out, is getting re-deposited on the paper?
Check the surfaces above the slot where the finished print comes out. The
print can rub those areas as it emerges causing that type of problem.
Different papers flex differently as they emerge, so it is possible that
they won't all rub against the slot. Also, since high res color pictures
print more slowly than text or lower res color images, the ink can dry
before it has a chance to rub against anything. Clean the slot area with a
paper towel moistened with alcohol - the amount of ink on the towel might
tell the story.

"snowey" <snowey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
> when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then
> banded
> with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when
> print pictures from the digital camera.
> Hope some one can assist me with this..
> --
> snowey

Banding is usually a sign of a dirty or blocked print. It may not appear on
glossy paper as the ink bleeds more.
does your printer have a cleaning utility? If so run it a couple of times.
there mat be a calibration program, try that to. If not you may need to
replace the heads / cartridges.

Hope that helps

Orc

"snowey" <snowey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
> when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then
> banded
> with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when
> print pictures from the digital camera.
> Hope some one can assist me with this..
> --
> snowey

"snowey" <snowey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
> when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then
> banded
> with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when
> print pictures from the digital camera.
> Hope some one can assist me with this..
> --
> snowey

I addition to the other posts:
Does your printer have an alignment utility to set it up correctly? Epson
printers do.

Mike

Splendid

....also, we all forgot to add, check the Canon website for the most recent
driver.

"snowey" <snowey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there...........I have a canon imageclass700 printer/scanner/copier
> when I am printing out I am getting stripes..........the colour then
> banded
> with a stripe it does not happen when printing on glossy photo paper when
> print pictures from the digital camera.
> Hope some one can assist me with this..
> --
> snowey

hi thx to all that responded to my querie.............I use a lot of ink so
change the cardridges frequently.............I have used the maintenance
button to clean heads and realign but still getting the problem.
the bands seem to be a grey colour compared with the colour it should be....
will try cleaning it mike and thx .....

--
snowey