FS: Working Electrohome G07 Monitor in Colorado / Can Ship

Hello All,

I have a working horizontal G07 monitor for sale in great shape. Very
little screen burn. I will also include a free cap kit from Bob
Roberts.

Can ship the entire monitor using a factory monitor box and packaging
for around $50 in the US.

-OR-

I can remove the chassis and ship it for $11 in the US.

Either way, $60 takes it. You're also welcome to pick up at my house
in Fort Collins, CO. Please email if interested.

Thanks,
Ben

Not a bad price on the monitor but that shipping is a tad high. You
should be able to UPS or Fedex ground that for about $20 to anywhere in
the Continental US. And since you are using a ready made box, packing
time is nill. Just my 2 cents.....

The last monitors I shipped via UPS were 19" GO5's and if I recall it
was $38.00 including insurance. I was short of boxes and bought one of
UPS' which added another $6 or so to the price not including anything
for all the packing.

I wasn't using a Mailboxes Ect place either, it was the UPS store and I
packed it myself and brought it in for drop off. Since the price
seemed high, I asked and was told their stores have the same rates as
the Regional Hub where I'd shipped from before (in Lenexa, KS).

I know UPS has different levels of pricing, but for something as large
as a monitor box at the individual rate from their store, $50 isn't out
of line.

Mike Doyle

Good to know, I think UPS dinged me on the DIM weight which just
happened to be due in part to the honk'in big box they sold me.

We've got FedEx nearby, that's where I'll go next time.

FWIW, I've gotten excellent service from USPS on small packages. The
last order from Jameco arrived the next day via USPS Priority Mail
which was much cheaper than UPS NDA that I'd used in the past for rush
projects.

Mike Doyle

I had this happen to me as well. Went to Staples to ship some test
equipment UPS Ground and the guy there eyeballed it and said, eh $45. I
said no, please measure it. He did and it turned out to be more like
$15. If you get on the UPS website they have a shipping calculator
where you give it weight and dimensions and it gives you a shipping
estimate. Places like Staples should honor that estimate.

- Craig

UPS is about twice the price as fedex ground on heavy items. I've shipped
new monitors with UPS, USPS and Fedex ground. It weighed 43lbs.

UPS was $33
USPS was $26
Fedex ground was $18

<syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The last monitors I shipped via UPS were 19" GO5's and if I recall it
> was $38.00 including insurance. I was short of boxes and bought one of
> UPS' which added another $6 or so to the price not including anything
> for all the packing.
>
> I wasn't using a Mailboxes Ect place either, it was the UPS store and I
> packed it myself and brought it in for drop off. Since the price
> seemed high, I asked and was told their stores have the same rates as
> the Regional Hub where I'd shipped from before (in Lenexa, KS).
>
> I know UPS has different levels of pricing, but for something as large
> as a monitor box at the individual rate from their store, $50 isn't out
> of line.
>
> Mike Doyle

interesting.. that's good to know..

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> UPS is about twice the price as fedex ground on heavy items. I've shipped
> new monitors with UPS, USPS and Fedex ground. It weighed 43lbs.
>
> UPS was $33
> USPS was $26
> Fedex ground was $18
>
> <syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The last monitors I shipped via UPS were 19" GO5's and if I recall it
>> was $38.00 including insurance. I was short of boxes and bought one of
>> UPS' which added another $6 or so to the price not including anything
>> for all the packing.
>>
>> I wasn't using a Mailboxes Ect place either, it was the UPS store and I
>> packed it myself and brought it in for drop off. Since the price
>> seemed high, I asked and was told their stores have the same rates as
>> the Regional Hub where I'd shipped from before (in Lenexa, KS).
>>
>> I know UPS has different levels of pricing, but for something as large
>> as a monitor box at the individual rate from their store, $50 isn't out
>> of line.
>>
>> Mike Doyle

larryc

I'm fortunate enough to be able to ship them from work, Fed Ex ground to
residential typically runs me under $12.50!