Frogger Pinouts / testing info

I bought a beautiful Frogger cabinet from Michael Hire and got a
Frogger working boardset in a box form Big Watson. I put the two
together, but no joy. Anyone have the pinout for testing purposes?

melchman <jim@melchman.net> wrote:
: I bought a beautiful Frogger cabinet from Michael Hire and got a
: Frogger working boardset in a box form Big Watson. I put the two
: together, but no joy. Anyone have the pinout for testing purposes?

Frogger = standard konami 18

Check the voltages first and go from there.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

It is an original PS. I like that, but it buzzes slightly, not sure
how long I will keep this.

Thanks Mark. I will check voltages tonight.

Does anyone have the Konami 18/36 Pinout? I searched and found dead
links to Spies and Stormaster.

I might have a Gyruss manual in storage, same pinout?

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

make sure the -12v isn't hooked up on the psu.

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> melchman <jim@melchman.net> wrote:
> : I bought a beautiful Frogger cabinet from Michael Hire and got a
> : Frogger working boardset in a box form Big Watson. I put the two
> : together, but no joy. Anyone have the pinout for testing purposes?
>
> Frogger = standard konami 18
>
> Check the voltages first and go from there.
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

??? If he's got the original power supply then there is no -12V to worry about....
IIRC, Frogger came with a little switcher for the 5V and a separate linear supply for the +12V.
I believe I still have a working switcher I pulled from a Frogger. If anyone needs it they can have it for $10 shipped.

Matt

"VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com> wrote

:
: Does anyone have the Konami 18/36 Pinout? I searched and found dead
: links to Spies and Stormaster.
:
: I might have a Gyruss manual in storage, same pinout?

Almost the same pinout -- gyruss is stero.

http://ionpool.net/arcade/pinouts/pinouts.html
http://ionpool.net/arcade/pinouts/Frogger%2018.txt
--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Ionpool is very cool.

So, the testing indicates the voltages are good, 12.1, -5.1, +5.2, +5.2

I removed the boards and noticed one of the 4 jumper wires on te Solder
Side had become disconnected! Oops. I have to unpack the solder kit
and get on that!

http://melchman.net/arcade/frogger/frogger.html