Crashed during reload noow get Isass.exe error

Gogs

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

PC crashed during reload over the top of existin XP installation.
Had loads of errors but used this link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
to recover registry.
Now get
System error lsass.exe:
When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the value
provided as the current password is not correct.
and cant even get into recovery console as it now requires a password and is
locked. There is still a lot of data on this disk so I don't want to do a
fresh install.

HELP please!!

If you can connect your drive to a friends system and remove the data
you need that would be the best solution.
I think getting back into WinXP at this time would be very difficult.
If you are familiar with Linux you could use a
Knoppix Rescue CD to retrieve the data from your drive. But, you would
need two cdrw drives or at least one cdrom
and the other cdrw or dvdrw. The rescue CD is very self explanatory so
even if no experience with Linux you could
still get by. You could get one here at www.distrowatch.com