Installing Macromedia Flash

For some reason when I try to install flashplayer it say that I can't because
I need to install from an administrative account. I am using the
administrative account and this is the only install that I have had a problem
with! Can someone help?

Take a look here for some help
http://www.macromedia.com/support/

"jpeltr" <jpeltr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason when I try to install flashplayer it say that I can't
> because
> I need to install from an administrative account. I am using the
> administrative account and this is the only install that I have had a
> problem
> with! Can someone help?

I have tried there and from what I can tell it has something to do with the
computer user permissions. does anyone know how I can get "permission" to
install the flash player? Thanks!

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Take a look here for some help
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/
>

> "jpeltr" <jpeltr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason when I try to install flashplayer it say that I can't
> > because
> > I need to install from an administrative account. I am using the
> > administrative account and this is the only install that I have had a
> > problem
> > with! Can someone help?

I am having a problem installing the flash player. No matter what I
try--enable Active X, turn off pop up, the player will not down load. I have
been to the Marcomedia help site and followed all the tips and still can't
download the player. I am thinking of reinstalling Windows XP which is
suppoed to download the player. Is that a good or bad idea? I really have no
files to lose.

"jpeltr" wrote:

> I have tried there and from what I can tell it has something to do with the
> computer user permissions. does anyone know how I can get "permission" to
> install the flash player? Thanks!
>
> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
> > Take a look here for some help
> > http://www.macromedia.com/support/
> >

> > "jpeltr" <jpeltr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > For some reason when I try to install flashplayer it say that I can't
> > > because
> > > I need to install from an administrative account. I am using the
> > > administrative account and this is the only install that I have had a
> > > problem
> > > with! Can someone help?

David

I had a problem until I turned off the Flasher Killer in
SpywareBlaster/Tools/FlashKiller. Then Flash installed and now runs fine.

David

"gld101" <gld101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem installing the flash player. No matter what I
> try--enable Active X, turn off pop up, the player will not down load. I
> have
> been to the Marcomedia help site and followed all the tips and still can't
> download the player. I am thinking of reinstalling Windows XP which is
> suppoed to download the player. Is that a good or bad idea? I really have
> no
> files to lose.
>
> "jpeltr" wrote:
>
>> I have tried there and from what I can tell it has something to do with
>> the
>> computer user permissions. does anyone know how I can get "permission"
>> install the flash player? Thanks!
>>
>> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>>
>> > Take a look here for some help
>> > http://www.macromedia.com/support/
>> >

>> > "jpeltr" <jpeltr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Thanks David. I turned off the Flash Killer and it downloaded in seconds.