Folder: Access Denied

June 23, 2005 1:59:25 PM

I am running XP Home Edition. Recently one of my computers went out on me so
I moved my hard drive over to another computer as a secondary drive. When I
try to access the registered user folder, the one with my name, it gives me
the Access Denied error. I need to access the files held within this folder.
Is there a way to access them? I am rebuilding the PC that it came out of so
what ever I do must be able to either be undone or have no effect when I put
the hard drive back into the other PC.

Thanks in advance.

More about : folder access denied

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 4:10:52 PM

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User