I was just sitting here thinking, (since that's all I can do right now
with a busted ankle) I have re caped a couple of monitors and that
seems to fix most of the problems associated with them. Most of my old
game PCB's have several caps on them too, should I replace these? Are
they as critical as on a monitor? I still have this Batman board that
keeps giving me trouble and thought I might try re capping it to see if
that helps? any comments?

-Dave

all dialectric caps will eventually dry out and degrade. for the most part
they aren't as critical on game boards as they are generally just used in
the audio area. Monitor caps take a particular hit as they are generally
higher voltage and they tend to be switched at a much higher rate then pcb
caps.

you might want to try reseating anything on the board that is socketed and
reflowing the board in general.

"dbpbandit" <davep@premierbev.com> wrote in message
>I was just sitting here thinking, (since that's all I can do right now
> with a busted ankle) I have re caped a couple of monitors and that
> seems to fix most of the problems associated with them. Most of my old
> game PCB's have several caps on them too, should I replace these? Are
> they as critical as on a monitor? I still have this Batman board that
> keeps giving me trouble and thought I might try re capping it to see if
> that helps? any comments?
>
> -Dave

Bored doesn't begin to describe it........

-Dave

Bored doesn't begin to describe it........

-Dave

If you're bored, they're a cheap way to blow some time.. heck - go for it !
you'll feel better knowing they're minty fresh caps !!!! :)

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com
( Perth, Western Australia )

"dbpbandit" <davep@premierbev.com> wrote in message
>I was just sitting here thinking, (since that's all I can do right now
> with a busted ankle) I have re caped a couple of monitors and that
> seems to fix most of the problems associated with them. Most of my old
> game PCB's have several caps on them too, should I replace these? Are
> they as critical as on a monitor? I still have this Batman board that
> keeps giving me trouble and thought I might try re capping it to see if
> that helps? any comments?
>
> -Dave

Yes, there is a term for people who cap everything..

" Obsessive, compulsive... " also known as " Arcade Machine Collectors.. "

hehehehe

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com
( Perth, Western Australia )