Hi I need help formating my drive

Mike

Splendid

I went to go format my computer the other day and I clicked on the partion I
wanted to format and install Windows Xp on and it says setup won't work
because you can't format this drive...Well to telll you the truth I have been
formating my computer all the time like that and now it won't let me! So what
should I do.. I am sceard to delete the partion because I don't want my hard
drive not to work right...And finally my other question is if I delete my
partion will I get full use of my hard drive back like will the unpartioned
space number go up again? Or will it stay the way it is.... Someone please
help me!

Mike wrote:
> I went to go format my computer the other day and I clicked on the
> partion I wanted to format and install Windows Xp on and it says
> setup won't work because you can't format this drive...Well to telll
> you the truth I have been formating my computer all the time like
> that and now it won't let me! So what should I do.. I am sceard to
> delete the partion because I don't want my hard drive not to work
> right...And finally my other question is if I delete my partion will
> I get full use of my hard drive back like will the unpartioned space
> number go up again? Or will it stay the way it is.... Someone please
> help me!

Backup your data (documents, email, contacts, pictures, etc.)
Boot with Windows XP CD..
Follow through the installation process until it asks you where to install..
Delete the partition..
Create a new partition..
Format the partition NTFS (Quick)..
Finish the install..

Do not connect to the Internet until you have your firewall on - make sure
you have SP2 up and going as quickly as possible and you have all your
hardware drivers updated as well.. Then, start installing all your other
applications.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP