TECH: Tempest

Ok...

Tech newbie here....

Picture is fine during the high score list and the level selection
screen.... After the level is selected, the playfield collapses to the
center (kinda)... I can see the player and the flipper things (that kill
you) clearly... they are just bunched in the center...

Here is an avi so you can see what I'm talking about...
www.geocities.com/cherocks/Tempest2.avi

If I reseat the Analog Vector Generator PCB and the Auxilliary PCB, the game
works ok for a limited amount of time.

HELP!

ChErocks

Here is an alternate link for the .avi:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q42T7HV73MJX1GTVPVGRN1DVQ

"Dave Schwartz" <schwartzdavereb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok...
>
> Tech newbie here....
>
> Picture is fine during the high score list and the level selection
> screen.... After the level is selected, the playfield collapses to the
> center (kinda)... I can see the player and the flipper things (that kill
> you) clearly... they are just bunched in the center...
>
> Here is an avi so you can see what I'm talking about...
> www.geocities.com/cherocks/Tempest2.avi
>
> If I reseat the Analog Vector Generator PCB and the Auxilliary PCB, the
> game works ok for a limited amount of time.
>
> HELP!
>
> ChErocks

What revision roms are on your Tempest board? This sounds like a known
problem where certain rom versions caused the spot killer to engage.

You might be able to fool it by increasing the h/vsize of the picture
on the game board if you're not going to upgrade the roms...not sure.