I am looking for a lightweight "gaming" laptop (gaming in quotes as the games I play are very simple). Any help would be appreciated!
1. What is your budget?
Hoping to stay below $1000, willing to go up to $1300
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Screen size above 12", below 15", lighter than 4 lbs
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 X 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really a big issue, I'm able to stay connected often
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW, on high settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Not much, basic internet surfing, maybe netflixs/other instant video
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Prefer a SSD, happy to consider the SSD/HHD combo. If just a SSD, prefer higher than 128g unless that really changes the weight
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No specific sites in mind
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible, laptops are expensive/difficult enough to upgrade infrequently
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Basic basic basic. I don't really care about Bluray, and nearly everything is digital download these days
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't want Apple, as I will be using lots of Microsoft products and don't want to duel boot. I'm not a fan of Sony due to the expensive parts and the lack of customer support.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Would prefer a i7 (or equivalent) or at least an i5 processor. Want the option to have at least 8g of RAM. Sound is not a big deal. I would really prefer to have decent graphics and a lightweight computer to lug around with my business laptop.