How can I restore the Guest account?

June 23, 2005 8:55:33 PM

I'm running XP Pro and somehow I have killed the guest account. The
icon is available on my startup screen and the account is enabled but
when I try to log on I receive a message like "Loading user settings"
and after 30 seconds or so I get the original startup screen with the
admin account.

I normally use the admin account (Iknow, bad idea...).

In my Documents and Settings folder I do not have any Guest folder. I
have only folders for:

Administrator.P4-Home
All Users.WINNT
LocalService
NetworkService

If it is important, I upgraded to XP Pro from W2000 over a year ago.
I am fully patched to SP2. I have never before tried to use the Guest
account.

I have searched MS for an answer to this question, but have found only
instructions on how to enable the Guest account which I have done.
Something else must be the problem.

Can anyone help point me to the solution?

TIA, Rich

More about : restore guest account

June 24, 2005 2:09:42 PM

Cancel this request. I have stumbled upon the solution which was to
create a folder under Documents and Settings. The folder is to be
named "Default User".

Appears to work.

Rich

!