I cant play some movies. Extension vary. They might play.
The windows shell is closed and restarted.
Windows call it application error, if I only mark a file it may close
Windows Explorer or the player if I try to play it. If I use tumbnails,
windows explorer is closed as soon as I open the directory. Windows Media
Player does not allways recognise .wmv files. Unknown file extension. I
have 5 more players but they have been there for at least 3 months so ... no
changes. No uppdates, exept for the anti virus.

Sometime Windows says that both Windows Explorer and the player must be
closed but it doesnt happen. Sometimes yes, other times no.

I think this mean that every application trying to play the movie or show a
thumbnail of it will crash, at least Windows Explorer, but the player can
somtimes still play the movie.

I dont know what is causing this problem as it has worked for over a year
without problem and I havnt changed anything. I have had this problems for
two days now.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson