Handtruck Opinions

I'm looking into buying one of the handtrucks that have the kick out
pair of wheels that supports the game so you can just push it along.
I've seen them in both steel and Magnesium, the mag versions are
suppossed to be a lot lighter but I never see the exact weights
advertised to back that claim up. Does any one have any recomendations
or comments on them? Anyone know of a place to get them at a good
price? I've seen northern freight has one for under $200 but I'm
replacing the cheap $100 appliance truck that I got at the hardware
store. Its been alright but its starting to fall apart. If the more
expensive ones are lighter, better and will last longer, it seems that
spending the extra cash is well worth.

Thanks
Rich

i dont know what material it is but grainger sells one for $350 that is
a work horse. it has the kickback wheels and the "good " straps that
wheel themselves back in like a seat belt with a wratchet crank (not
the ones that just hand down all of the time).
its red in color, very heavy duty (rated at 1200#) of moving
merchandise i think........

if you deal with steps often, get a stairclimber, they are well worth
it.

I have one of the steel ones with the kickout wheels. It's been great
and is very well built. But it is heavy, especially on stairs. It's
fine for rolling on flat or slight inclines, but on stairs, it's pretty
heavy.

I'm now looking at trying to find a used stair climbing one - one with
the motor for stair climbing assist. I'm moving into a house where the
main floor is up a long flight of stairs, I know this steel one will
wear me out pretty quick.

I would go with the magnesium if you have stairs you will be dealing
with.

Mike

Rich Marquette <rich.marquette@dca.net> wrote in news:e567d$430f0334
$d89e2dea$9140@dcanet.allthenewsgroups.com: