control panel stuck in catagory view.

I have windows XP pro SP2. I am not able to view my control panel in
classic view. All I see on the left pane under see also is Windows
update, Help and Support, and other control panel options links.
Nothing else. I checked the registry for decimal entry. It is set to 1.
I try to reset it to 0 and close. I reopen and it is 1 again. Please
help.

Above the section in the left pane that has a box that says "See also", do
you also see a box just above that just says "Control Panel"? If so, then if
the Control Panel box has a arrow on its right-side pointing *down* -- click
that down arrow and then click "Switch to Category View".

<culver.brian@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP pro SP2. I am not able to view my control panel in
> classic view. All I see on the left pane under see also is Windows
> update, Help and Support, and other control panel options links.
> Nothing else. I checked the registry for decimal entry. It is set to 1.
> I try to reset it to 0 and close. I reopen and it is 1 again. Please
> help.

"Switch to Classic View" option is missing in the Control Panel Common
Tasks:
http://www.winxptutor.com/cpclassic.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

<culver.brian@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP pro SP2. I am not able to view my control panel in
> classic view. All I see on the left pane under see also is Windows
> update, Help and Support, and other control panel options links.
> Nothing else. I checked the registry for decimal entry. It is set to 1.
> I try to reset it to 0 and close. I reopen and it is 1 again. Please
> help.

thank you so much that was it. I appreciate the help.

Brian

thank you so much that was it. I appreciate the help.

Brian

thank you so much worked flawlessly

Brian

thank you so much worked flawlessly