Treo 650

Is anyone using the treo 650 on the fido network? I just got one and
have nothing but echo echo echo. Is this a fido network issue as in
they don't support it so no echo cancel or is it my phone? J F
4 answers Last reply
More about treo

    I have one on fido and I have no problems.

    "J F" <havemicrophonewilltravel@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Is anyone using the treo 650 on the fido network? I just got one and
    > have nothing but echo echo echo. Is this a fido network issue as in
    > they don't support it so no echo cancel or is it my phone? J F

    >I have one on fido and I have no problems.

    Yeah this is a strange one... Loads of treo 650 users are complaining
    on other sites of ECHO ECHO ECHO. Funny though today I forced a roam
    onto rogers and no echo at all. Back to fido in the afternoon and
    nothing but ECHO ECHO ECHO. If I use my old phone on fido no echo echo
    echo. JF

    I have a Treo 600 on Fido's network and people complain to me about echo
    (latest firmware). I don't have any problems with hearing them but they say
    that when I talk there is a very bad/strong echo. I tested it by calling my
    office and leaving myself a voice mail but I couldn't hear any echo. Did you
    buy your Treo 650 directly from Rogers (is Rogers selling it unlocked)? I'm
    interested in getting an unlocked Treo 650 but probably not right now at the
    price that Rogers is selling it for without any commitment.

    "Tobe" <k@me.ca> wrote in message
    > I have one on fido and I have no problems.
    >

    > "J F" <havemicrophonewilltravel@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > > Is anyone using the treo 650 on the fido network? I just got one and
    > > have nothing but echo echo echo. Is this a fido network issue as in
    > > they don't support it so no echo cancel or is it my phone? J F

    >I have a Treo 600 on Fido's network and people complain to me about echo
    > (latest firmware). I don't have any problems with hearing them but they
    > say
    > that when I talk there is a very bad/strong echo.

    This isn't a phone problem - it's a network problem.

    Jim

Fido Treo Internet Service Providers