Hi i am having terrible probs today with errors so i lost the info i found,
some one wrote the add for a free cd for the xp 2 can some one help with it
as i am unable to install it with updates, just says unable to install?? I am
a new learner so if i sound like i dont know what i am talking about well
it's not too wrong, Also i keep getting Trogan horses 20 in one day luckily i
have AVG but it's such a nusiance as my husband blames me (of course it's
always my fault) he got a new comp so i have got the old one, and i dont want
to tell him i would rather get help from some one that is nice to me.....
hope you can help. regards
--
suzie

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Here is the address for the SP2 CD..

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

--
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.

"castaway suzie" <castawaysuzie@discussions,microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A7A93E6-0EB0-46B3-A89F-3410565E9504@microsoft.com...
| Hi i am having terrible probs today with errors so i lost the info i
found,
| some one wrote the add for a free cd for the xp 2 can some one help
with it
| as i am unable to install it with updates, just says unable to
install?? I am
| a new learner so if i sound like i dont know what i am talking about
well
| it's not too wrong, Also i keep getting Trogan horses 20 in one day
luckily i
| have AVG but it's such a nusiance as my husband blames me (of course
it's
| always my fault) he got a new comp so i have got the old one, and i
dont want
| to tell him i would rather get help from some one that is nice to
me.....
| hope you can help. regards
| --
| suzie

In addition you may be interested in these articles before you install SP2:

Service Pack 2 information
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
http://www.windowstalk.org/sp2.htm

Application Compatibility Testing and Mitigation Guide for Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9300becf-2dee-4772-add9-ad0eaf89c4a7&DisplayLang=en

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2