2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14" 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't matter, but I prefer a better screen
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Somewhere in between. I want something under 5 lb
5. How much battery life do you need? 6-8 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes but I will probably be using it for non-graphic intensive games like mine craft. Maybe some games like assassins creed.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Video editing and some Photoshop. I want a smooth performance for video editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Doesnt matter since I'll be using a external hard drive most of the time to transfer files to my desktop
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. A website that ships to Canada
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't matter
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Any
13. What country do you live in? Canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Specs and stuff I need:
-3rd Generation Core i5/i7
-8 GB of RAM
-Screen resolution of 1366 x 768 AT LEAST
-Discrete Graphics Card
-Acceptable battery life (5+ hours)
-Under 5 lb
-MUST HAVE DURABLE AND COMFORTABLE DESIGN (Keyboard, touchpad, etc.)
-Nice exterior design (stylish?)
I'm currently looking at the Dell Inspiron 14z, Lenovo Y580, and the Vaio S. Is there a laptop that may be a little cheaper than these? Like around $800? I know I said <$1000 but I'm hoping to use less money for the laptop I need haha.