i just got a game from a friend, it's only one file, with the extension: .bin
how can i install it? is it an archive? it's almost 700 megs
so i guess it's the whole game.
any ideas?
thanks

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
It is an ISO an image of a cd and needs to be burned onto a cd or monted as a virtual cd with software like daemon tools or similar.. If you have Nero I think you can select Burn Image from the File menu and create the disk otherwise there are other Bin capable softwares available

<font color=red><b> It may be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others</font color=red></b>

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Actually, to burn to cd I believe you need the .cue file that accompanies the .bin file.

I think it's still possible though to mount image using a virtual device like he said. Daemon Tools is what I use.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I think Blindwrite will write a pure bin file also can you convert from bin to iso with isobuster or similar software ?? ( I seem to recall this is possible)

<font color=red><b> It may be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others</font color=red></b>

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
how can i get the .cue file?
in nero, it asks for the .cue file in order to burn an image disk.
is there a program that creates this .cue file from the .bin?
or do i need to do it manually?
thanks guys,

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
do a google search for blindwrite and try using that I know of no way to create a cue file from a bin file perhyaps someone else knows if this can be done

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not even sure it's possible to create a .cue file from a .bin file. I believe they are seperate files.

The program I use which I would recommend to anybody and everybody is edonkey2000. You use this in conjunction with sharereactor files.

Go to edonkey2000.com and sharereactor.com and browse the website and you should be able to get it up and running.

Go to the PC GAMES section of sharereactor.com to find all the .bin and .cue files for games.

For a quick search of a file, go to jiggle.com

dhlucke

Polypheme
You don't need the .cue file. Either burn the disk directly, using the .bin file, or just load it as an image using daemon tools (which is what I do).

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>