Remote Desktop

June 24, 2005 2:44:01 AM

I have disabled my firewall and still cant send an invitation. My msconfig
is set to manual mode for remote desktop. I dont have any other firewalls.
Im an intermediate experienced user with windows. With the firewall enabled
the exceptions are set ok for remote desktop. What is the problem? Thanks
Marty

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:45:49 PM

If you are sending a invitation to have someone connect to your computer
while you are watching, that's Remote Assistance. Make sure under
properties in 'My Computer' on the 'Remote' tab, that the 'Allow Remote
Assistance' checkbox is checked. If it is you can try sending it 3
different ways, through msn, email, or saved as a file that you give to the
person assisting you. You can access that by typing "rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA"
in the run dialog box.

If you are trying to access your computer remotely, then you would be using
Remote Desktop. If that's the case there is no invitation to be sent. I'll
expand further if this is what you wanted to do.

!