aspi32 error on bootup in system log?

June 24, 2005 4:13:48 AM

Hi there. Hope someone can help... :confused:

Have been trundling through the Event Viewer in the system log and am
coming across a shutdown error on the lines of

The Aspi32 service failed to start due to the following error:

Have run a sc query aspi32 and output is:

SERVICE_NAME: aspi32
TYPE: 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
STATE: 1 STOPPED
<NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN>
WIN32_EXIT_CODE: 2 (0x2)
SERVICE_EXIT_CO: 0 (0x0)
WAIT_HINT: 0x0

My sudden interest in debugging started when my PC kept locking up for
some reason. Disabling HT worked but I wasn't happy at wasting the
full potential of the CPU so decided to try and get to the root of the
problem instead!

TIA

--
stokesd3
Anonymous

I have that ASPI32.SYS file in my %windir%\system32\drivers folder. Made by
Adaptec, mine is v4.71.1.0.
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.j...

!