GO7 Question after Cap Kit

I started with a dead GO7 and performed the Bob Roberts Cap Kit and
Flyback. I did not change the transistor counted on the chassis frame.
I fired it up and it is working but the picture is about 3" to the
left and I cannot adjust it back to center. Any ideas? Thanks

I did that with no effect. :( Any other ideas?

I do not have another chassis to test....I might give up and throw a
new monitor in it.

Look at the picture on this page:

http://www.homearcade.org/BBBB/go7-1.html#vcg07

Looking from the top of the chassis, in the bottom right portion of the
picture, you will see something labeled "V-Centering Jumper" and
"H-Centering Jumper". Try changing one of those. It will shift the picture
left or right, or up or down.

<emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I started with a dead GO7 and performed the Bob Roberts Cap Kit and
> Flyback. I did not change the transistor counted on the chassis frame.
> I fired it up and it is working but the picture is about 3" to the
> left and I cannot adjust it back to center. Any ideas? Thanks

btw, do you have another G07 chassis to try? If it does the same thing, the
problem isn't in your chassis...

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>I suppose you could mess around with the yoke, but that may do more harm
>than good. This link any help?:
>
> http://www.startechjournal.com/discus/messages/3768/3239.html?1086829095
>

> <emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I did that with no effect. :( Any other ideas?

You may need to adjust the Horiz Freq control.

Stupid question here, but I have been drinking. Are you sure you have
the sync hooked up correctly? Moving the jumper will not move the
picture over 3", but I have found that if you have the sync hooked up
incorrectly, you may be able to get the picture to hold still but it
will be offset one way of the other. You may want to see if the game is
negative or positive sync and then make sure you have the sync wires
hooked up to the correct connection.

3" is about what the game will be off if you do it incorrectly. I know,
I've banged my head against the cabinet trying to figure it out only to
discover the game was positive sync.

Let me know if this fixes it. I'd like to get credit for diagnosing a
problem while totally blotto.

Pat D.

emailgsr@yahoo.com wrote:
> I do not have another chassis to test....I might give up and throw a
> new monitor in it.

I will check everything again. This is the original monitor and wiring
so it should be right. All I did was pull the chassis, cap it, and
reinstall. The input plug was not changed. Frustrating....

TRENDING THREADS