Geforce 6800GT 256MB

TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004
Card arrived today after i bought it over ebay.

advert said brand new, well packaged and including driver disk.

what i got was marked as "used pc card", was in a white postal box and did not include the driver disk!!

I'M PISSED OFF!!

anywhoo, all that aside, i'll be fitting it this eve and have downloaded the unicode drivers from the nvidia website so that should all be fine.

soo, my question is - does the package provided on the nvidia website provide me with all the usual tools for the card or will i need to download nview, etc... seperatly?

if so, any recommendations on the essentials? (have 3Dmark05/03 etc anyways so just the stuff relating to the card)

also, due to a misunderstanding regarding a cancelled order with dabs.com/uk (buttwipes!!) i also have in my possession an 256MB X800.

as a curiosity;
-GeForce 6800GT 256MB DDR3 AGP
-Radeon X800 256MB DDR3 AGP

[cheesy TV presenter voice]
"Which would YOU install?"
"Voting lines are open and calls are now being accepted.."
[/cheesy TV presenter voice]

:p

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
IIRC, there are two choices/driver packages for d/l on the nVidia site. The larger version/package includes nView etc.

Nope, I'm wrong. The two choices are at the ATI driver d/l site. But, the one at the nVidia site includes nview etc.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X215)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
1 gig Corsair XMS PC3200
eVGA 6800GT
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win2K sp4<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Coyote on 08/22/05 02:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

sh1ft3d

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2004
I'm pretty sure the X800 (non-PRO) has 12 pixel pipelines while the 6800GT has 16 so the 6800GT should outperform vanilla X800 (the X800 vanilla is more or less neck and neck with the 6800 vanilla - not sure about 256MB version X800 tho).

--------------------------------------------
In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Stock - the 6800GT. OCing the cards, then it would depend on the card mfr...I'd probably try both and test for which gave the best performance. If I could get close to comparable performance from the X800, then I would keep it and sell the 6800GT for more money...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
eBay is for suckers. Most knowledgable people SELL on eBay and BUY from reputable online venders such as Newegg and Googlegear.

Your package is one example why.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>