Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Endless loop after upgrade

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 6:27:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi newsgroup,
I've tried to upgrade my stable WinXP installation (before SP 1!) with WinXP
+ SP2.
I reached a Warnig about a TV-Card-driver (Haupauge), wich has noct the
Windows XP Logo.
I've select continue, because in the installed version I have had no
problems with it.
After the restart the system tires to load and install many files and after
aprox 10 minutes it will come to reset without any warnigs or messages.
If the machine startet again, Windows will check any drives and state, that
it has no errors and start the install process again - till the next silent
crash & restart.
This will go on and on.
It is a multi OS machine, with Win98SE & Win2000 (wich both start without
problems), so all drives are reachable.
What can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

More about : endless loop upgrade

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:39:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Take out the tv card anyway and see if that helps. You can always reinstall
it later.(if it's compatible with sp2)

"Peter Murschall" <Peter Murschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7DB7D65E-33BB-4355-B093-7B5E465B37C3@microsoft.com...
> Hi newsgroup,
> I've tried to upgrade my stable WinXP installation (before SP 1!) with
> WinXP
> + SP2.
> I reached a Warnig about a TV-Card-driver (Haupauge), wich has noct the
> Windows XP Logo.
> I've select continue, because in the installed version I have had no
> problems with it.
> After the restart the system tires to load and install many files and
> after
> aprox 10 minutes it will come to reset without any warnigs or messages.
> If the machine startet again, Windows will check any drives and state,
> that
> it has no errors and start the install process again - till the next
> silent
> crash & restart.
> This will go on and on.
> It is a multi OS machine, with Win98SE & Win2000 (wich both start without
> problems), so all drives are reachable.
> What can I do ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Peter
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:52:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Technical Ecstasy" wrote:

> Take out the tv card anyway and see if that helps. You can always reinstall
> it later.(if it's compatible with sp2)

Thanks for response and sorry for my delay in answer.
I've tried it, but the result is the same :-(
I've also tried it with F8 and Bootlog, but nothing happens.
What can I do, to see, where the crash happens ?

Thnaks.

Peter
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:07:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Peter Murschall" wrote:

> I've also tried it with F8 and Bootlog, but nothing happens.
> What can I do, to see, where the crash happens ?

I've found the log - it was NTBTLOG.TXT in the Windows directory !
And then I renamed one by one the last drivers, which I see in this file and
- voila ! - the 3. in the list was the guilty one. A DSL-Driver from a
DSL-Modem,
wich was not more in use !
After this actions the setup runs without any problem to its end and the
machine
is full in use again.
!