steven

I've spent HOURS getting my PC just nice, and the other day when booting it
did a checkdisk and found some bad clusters, since then I haven't been able
to boot into XP it started booting and got to a light blue screen with my
mouse pointer on it and just stopped there (no login screen), I tried
replacing the kernel32.dll file (article on microsoft.com) but now it just
contilually reboots, should I cahage back to my old kernel32.dll? is there a
way to see which files were damaged during the chkdisk and replacing them?
Thanks
Steven

Sounds like a corrupted or missing file. Try doing a Windows XP Repair from
the CD and see if that fixes your problem.

Brett
"Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've spent HOURS getting my PC just nice, and the other day when booting
> it
> did a checkdisk and found some bad clusters, since then I haven't been
> able
> to boot into XP it started booting and got to a light blue screen with my
> mouse pointer on it and just stopped there (no login screen), I tried
> replacing the kernel32.dll file (article on microsoft.com) but now it just
> contilually reboots, should I cahage back to my old kernel32.dll? is there
> way to see which files were damaged during the chkdisk and replacing them?
> Thanks
> Steven

Thanks Brett,
I didn't know XP had that option, tried it over the weekend and it worked
well! just a few software reinstalls/repairs I had to do afterwords.
Steven