c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen * It's 13 I want.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
I live in Ireland so usually from the UK, though I would consider germany if it was possible to swap out the QWERTZ keyboard for an En-GB QWERTY.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I'll consider any quality laptop suiting my requirements.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Remote IT work, note taking at lectures, and playing games where possible.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both, but to college every day and away from home two days a week.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
I understand Intel HD 4000 will run World of Warcraft and many other games just fine. Gaming would be nice, but in truth it's not the priority of this laptop and I've accepted that to find one suiting my budget and form factor.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
6 I guess? Whatever's standard.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Yes, but not completely necessary with YouTube etc - and the local PC World store has a similar Zenbook to the one I'm looking at and the Toshiba in stock.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
It doesn't matter, I will dual boot Windows with Debian.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
The best I can get, though I do like high resolutions and small text.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Matte or non-glossy preferably
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
As long as possible.
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
500gb would be nice, but I think I could survive with a 128gb for the benefit of an SSD.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
*I want a minimum of a third generation Intel Core i5.
*Currently there are two laptops I have my eye on and I am torn between them, perhaps you can help me choose.
*If you know others I should consider please let me know.