Super UFO Earth Invasion (modified S.I. clone)

Has anyone come across this modified Space Invaders ROM set before?
I'm repairing a Midway L-shaped boardset and it has this modified
version of S.I. on it. Guess I should dump it as it appears to be a
modified version of Super Earth Invasion but with some of the
characters being the same as those used in Space Invaders (and some
from Super Earth Invasion). Bit of a mixed bag really.

Oh, and it's credited to B E Lee Amusements

When the invaders are hit, instead of the small explosion appearing
you instead get the word 'ZAP' displayed but with the 'Z' being
backwards.

It's programmed onto 8 x 2708's

> it appears to be a modified version of Super Earth Invasion

A hack^2, then.

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

I have integrated Super Earth Invasion by Electrocoin LTD
into the SI 8-in-1 multigame set of games. Not sure if that is
the original one or not, but it appears to be just a rom swap
(no board hacks that I know of). In fact most of the code was
copied directly from space invaders byte by byte, so it was
pretty easy to patch for freeplay and other features.
Thanks to Andy in the UK (p-man) for providing the rom dumps.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:04:48 GMT, "Alex Yeckley"
<ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote:

>> it appears to be a modified version of Super Earth Invasion
>
>A hack^2, then.

Yup. :)