2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"+
3. What screen resolution do you want? Typical
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Not Important
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Medium-High)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video Editing (main reason for this laptop)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Looking for dedicated graphics card, and min 6GB RAM. Windows 7, not 8. She does a lot of windows moview maker type applications for her job - snipping video from other sources, having 3-4 video windows open, etc etc. It bogs down her 3 year old Asus Dual Core right now, which has integrated video and 2GB Ram. I'm really thinking I need the dedicated video card and 6GB ram.
The $899 model has the highest screen resolution (1920x1080). I think 32 gb is the biggest ssd you can get through lenovo. You're probably better off buying and installing your own ssd. you can get a 64gb msata ssd for about $75.
The msata ssd is an internal connection, but it's pretty easy to install. All you have to do is remove the back cover and put it in (I think you only need to take out two screws to take the back cover off). Here is a link to a thread that shows you where the msata ssd slot is: http://188.8.131.52/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/D....