Win XP product ID

I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel in a
move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code if I read the
drive as a slave on another computer?
Thanks
Loretta
4 answers Last reply
More about product

    Belarc or Everest Home Edition will provide that for you.
    'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
    'EVEREST' (http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Hi

    If you mean a 'Repair' install of XP - the Product Key isn't needed. Have a
    look at the following article by Michael Stevens:

    "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "microsoft" <lorettaa@anderson-computer.com> wrote in message
    >I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
    >motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel in a
    >move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code if I read
    >the drive as a slave on another computer?
    > Thanks
    > Loretta

    Ooops - sorry posted to the wrong message. If you can get to the installed
    XP hard disk/partition - download Belarc:

    You will be able to find the Product Key with that program.

    --

    microsoft wrote:
    > I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
    > motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel
    > in a move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code
    > if I read the drive as a slave on another computer?
    > Thanks
    > Loretta

    The product ID is *NOT* the same thing as the installation key. The
    installation key is what's missing, the Product ID is found in the system
    info.

Computers Windows XP