I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel in a
move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code if I read the
drive as a slave on another computer?
Thanks
Loretta

Belarc or Everest Home Edition will provide that for you.
'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
'EVEREST' (http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Hi

If you mean a 'Repair' install of XP - the Product Key isn't needed. Have a
look at the following article by Michael Stevens:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"microsoft" <lorettaa@anderson-computer.com> wrote in message
>I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
>motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel in a
>move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code if I read
>the drive as a slave on another computer?
> Thanks
> Loretta

Ooops - sorry posted to the wrong message. If you can get to the installed
XP hard disk/partition - download Belarc:

You will be able to find the Product Key with that program.

--

microsoft wrote:
> I need to do a repair on a client computer after installing a new
> motherboard. I do not have the product code. He lost the side panel
> in a move? The Win XP will not load. Is there a way to get the code
> if I read the drive as a slave on another computer?
> Thanks
> Loretta

The product ID is *NOT* the same thing as the installation key. The
installation key is what's missing, the Product ID is found in the system
info.