FM2006 Features (SI Towers preview)

Match Commentary Revamped:

After all those commentary patches released SI has taken the responsibility
to improve it and I can say it looks impressive, rather than saying
"gooooooaaaaaallllll Giggs scores a great goal" it will say "goooaaalll the
midfield veteran kisses the badge on his shirt to show his love for the
club", it did look impressive and I think it will be a good addition to the
game!

Player form and player stats screen:

This new feature will definitely be a welcome addition the game, for so many
times gamers have wanted to see more stats and form information, and now you
can, there are a few extra stats which EVERYONE will like to see and
thousands of you asked for it and SI have listened!

Quick Tactic Mode:

This is something that I am truly looking forward to, it will make life so
much easier when playing FM2006, now you can pretend to be Alex, Arsene or
Jose and "shout" at you players from the touchline..the idea is that the you
get a split screen view, one side will be the match playing and the other
will be a tactic screen, from here you can change positions, edit
instructions and all sorts and then you will see if changing it around
instantly changes your team, its perfect for those games where you have
10minutes left and you want to go all out attacking without stopping the
match!

Improved Match Engine Realism:

SI have worked with Ray Houghton, the ex-Liverpool and Republic of Ireland
legend to improve their match ending and I can say WOW has it improved, the
passes now look so real, your team will have good build up to create spaces
and will pass the ball crisply and even make blunders which do happen in
real life, like for instance trying to shield the ball but accidentally
putting it out, your players wont just hoof the ball up field (if you don't
want them too) and will from now on play good football if your team is
skilful enough!

Injury Module Revamp:

From now on you don't have to get a physio report to see if the player needs
an operation, now the player will come to you and say "my knee's playing up,
can I have 2 weeks leave, or can I have an operation", you will still get
physio reports but they will be much better!

General User Interface Improvements:

Not a lot to say on this improved feature but it will make your managing
days much more easier, less clicks of the mouse since you have more info
when you right click on something

Ticker Bar:

This new feature is quite cool, it will flash up with things like scores,
fixture and news.its all customisable, you can choose what news to get,
where from, how long it displays etc.

Media Overhaul:

New media items which managers always want to hear about, whether it is
celebrating you're 100th match in control or just your teams centenary year,
you will get a news item about this SI wont tell us exactly what news items
are in there because there are lots of secret ones to find out and
apparently some you wont even see until 5-6 seasons into a game

Full Time Team Talks:

Now this was actually a question I was going to ask SI when I went there on
Thursday, but they must be psychic because before I could ask my
question..Miles' presentation answered it already, it's a good feature and
is bound to give your players what they need (whether it be a kick up the
arse or a confidence boost).

-------

PS I actually posted this in the wrong newsgroup LOL, then had to cancel it
but they'll be "What's FM" hehe.

"Pete "Old boy" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> [...]
> celebrating you're 100th match in control or just your teams centenary
> year,
> you will get a news item about this SI wont tell us exactly what news
> items
> are in there because there are lots of secret ones to find out and
> apparently some you wont even see until 5-6 seasons into a game
>
> Full Time Team Talks:
>

> Now this was actually a question I was going to ask SI when I went there
> on
> Thursday, but they must be psychic because before I could ask my
> question..Miles' presentation answered it already, it's a good feature and
> is bound to give your players what they need (whether it be a kick up the
> arse or a confidence boost).
>

> -------
>
> PS I actually posted this in the wrong newsgroup LOL, then had to cancel

I really don't see the point of the quick tactics mode. You were allways
able to fiddle with it pausing the game and waiting for 2-3 minutes max. To
give an option as a Real-Time-Strategy Tactic Change is the same as giving
Doom3 the UFO Enemy Unknown Turns on Deatmatch Internet-play...

2-3 minutes is a hell of a long time if you have ten minutes of the game
left and have just gone 0-1 down or similar.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

"AJSMITH" <ajsmith@bt.com> schreef in bericht
> 2-3 minutes is a hell of a long time if you have ten minutes of the game
> left and have just gone 0-1 down or similar.
>
> --
> A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

A good coach would think of that 2-3 mins earlier ;-)