Help me having problem with scanning my computer

HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down my
computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it does it to
all of them
spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
this problem.
6 answers Last reply
More about help problem scanning computer

    Yes and still cant scan even in safe mode it does the samethang in safe mode

    "dawn" wrote:

    > HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down my
    > computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it does it to
    > all of them
    > spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    > this problem.

    I downloaded the
    adware cloak 1.0 I had no problem with adware se personal shuting down
    when I scan. so what doI do about the other ones that cant scan. should I
    not worry about them Thanks Dawn

    "dawn" wrote:

    > HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down my
    > computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it does it to
    > all of them
    > spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    > this problem.

    Dawn,

    Have you updated Ad-Aware & Spybot - S & D?

    Ad-Aware has a way newer version.

    Ad-aware SE Personal

    Spybot - S & D is at version 1.4.0.3

    Spybot S & D
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

    You may have CoolWebSearch.

    CoolWebSearch may be causing the Ad-aware problem.

    Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0
    and
    CWShredder

    CWShredder ver. 2.15
    http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#cwshred

    CWShredder ver. 2.13 direct download:
    http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip

    Ad-aware Cloak 1.0
    [[Ad-aware Cloak is designed to allow Ad-aware to open fully when there are
    items on the system which close Ad-aware when it attempts to start, such as
    some CoolWebSearch variants. To use Ad-aware Cloak, save it to your system,
    and run the program before opening Ad-aware. Once Ad-aware Cloak opens,
    click "Activate Cloak" and then open Ad-aware and scan as normal. When you
    are done using Ad-aware, close
    Ad-aware Cloak. ]]
    http://www.lavasoftnews.com/theeye/i17/a4.html

    Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1075830644/1

    Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-158.shtml

    Direct Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    http://www.lavasoftnews.com/downloads/AAWCloak.exe

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F90CDF07-32C3-491C-BF55-B091259B8358@microsoft.com,
    dawn <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Yes and still cant scan even in safe mode it does the samethang in safe
    > mode
    >
    > "dawn" wrote:
    >
    >> HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down
    >> my computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it
    >> does it to all of them
    >> spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    >> this problem.

    I have every thing updated the only one I do not have that you have listed is
    adware cloak 1.0. Im going to down load it right now to see if it will work
    for me Thanks Dawn
    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Dawn,
    >
    > Have you updated Ad-Aware & Spybot - S & D?
    >
    > Ad-Aware has a way newer version.
    >
    > Ad-aware SE Personal
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
    >
    > Spybot - S & D is at version 1.4.0.3
    >
    > Spybot S & D
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download
    >
    > You may have CoolWebSearch.
    >
    > CoolWebSearch may be causing the Ad-aware problem.
    >
    > Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0
    > and
    > CWShredder
    >
    > CWShredder ver. 2.15
    > http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#cwshred
    >
    > CWShredder ver. 2.13 direct download:
    > http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    >
    > Ad-aware Cloak 1.0
    > [[Ad-aware Cloak is designed to allow Ad-aware to open fully when there are
    > items on the system which close Ad-aware when it attempts to start, such as
    > some CoolWebSearch variants. To use Ad-aware Cloak, save it to your system,
    > and run the program before opening Ad-aware. Once Ad-aware Cloak opens,
    > click "Activate Cloak" and then open Ad-aware and scan as normal. When you
    > are done using Ad-aware, close
    > Ad-aware Cloak. ]]
    > http://www.lavasoftnews.com/theeye/i17/a4.html
    >
    > Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    > http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1075830644/1
    >
    > Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    > http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-158.shtml
    >
    > Direct Download Ad-aware Cloak 1.0 here...
    > http://www.lavasoftnews.com/downloads/AAWCloak.exe
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:F90CDF07-32C3-491C-BF55-B091259B8358@microsoft.com,
    > dawn <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Yes and still cant scan even in safe mode it does the samethang in safe
    > > mode
    > >
    > > "dawn" wrote:
    > >
    > >> HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down
    > >> my computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it
    > >> does it to all of them
    > >> spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    > >> this problem.

    Dawn,

    What, exactly, shuts down during a scan?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:93392B95-DFF9-4551-B5E5-8D5B794E0CEF@microsoft.com,
    dawn <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I downloaded the
    > adware cloak 1.0 I had no problem with adware se personal shuting down
    > when I scan. so what doI do about the other ones that cant scan. should I
    > not worry about them Thanks Dawn
    >
    > "dawn" wrote:
    >
    >> HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down
    >> my computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it
    >> does it to all of them
    >> spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    >> this problem.

    Are you running your scans in Safe Mode?

    "dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HI Im having problem with scanning my computer when i scan it shuts down
    > my
    > computer in the middle of scan. I have these and tried all but it does it
    > all of them
    > spy bot 1.4 adware 1.06 and McAfee 9.1 online scan. Is the help in fixing
    > this problem.

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP