Error opening the Appearance Tab of Display

Hi. I am using XP Pro SP1.
When I launched Control Panel, double-click the Display icon and open the
Appearance Tab, the following message appears:

An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
"D:\WINDOWS\System21\desk.cpl", Display"

After I click OK, the Display Property window disappears along with the
message and I can't change the theme of Windows.
How can I fix this? Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net