Status
Not open for further replies.

stray1

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hello,
i have my tosh only a few weeks and suddenly part of the screen has gone white and i cannot get rid of McAfee.com screen (says waiting to connect)

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Does everything else work? Is it just this glitch? Or is the whole computer giving you a problem? If its just a glitch and you can actually use the comp for other things, please post a sceenshot. If you're unable to use the computer, take it to toshiba. If it's a few weeks old, you warranty will cover it.

The white part of the screen is a programme trying to open but failing - probably because McAfee is taking up all the resources. Restart and tap th Function 8 key then select Safe Mode with Networking. Safe Mode loads fewer utilities and drivers than the normal mode so you have a better chance of getting online and letting McAfee sort itself out.

I don't consider McAfee worth keeping so if it's a trial version you're going to have to pay for, ditch it and download Microsoft Security Essentials from the Microsoft website. It's free and very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.