PC slow

June 24, 2005 1:30:07 PM

Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools especialy
the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged, nervous
and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control of
the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools are
laging behind about a second
Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed

More about : slow

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 10:56:30 PM

please note email address requires editing

www.digitalmystic.co.uk

"Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools
> especialy
> the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged,
> nervous
> and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control of
> the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools
> are
> laging behind about a second
> Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed

Alt Ctrl Del , what is running in the background? some program is eating up
the cpu time and get some adware detection programs
Alasdair
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 10:38:03 AM

Done that but nothing running in background......more ideas!

"Alasdair" wrote:

> please note email address requires editing
>
> www.digitalmystic.co.uk
>
> "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools
> > especialy
> > the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged,
> > nervous
> > and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control of
> > the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools
> > are
> > laging behind about a second
> > Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed
> >

> Alt Ctrl Del , what is running in the background? some program is eating up
> the cpu time and get some adware detection programs
> Alasdair

July 2, 2005 11:16:31 PM

Marti Wrote:
> Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools
> especialy
> the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged,
> nervous
> and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control
> of
> the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools
> are
> laging behind about a second
> Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed

Is it just with Photoshop or is the PC slow generally? Have you
defragmented recently? See if the fragmentation levels are high and run
a defragmenter if needed, in fact regularly as it can help keep the
system fast.

--
omni
!