PC slow

Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools especialy
the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged, nervous
and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control of
the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools are
laging behind about a second
Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed
3 answers Last reply
More about slow

    please note email address requires editing

    www.digitalmystic.co.uk

    "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools
    > especialy
    > the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged,
    > nervous
    > and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control of
    > the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools
    > are
    > laging behind about a second
    > Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed

    Alt Ctrl Del , what is running in the background? some program is eating up
    the cpu time and get some adware detection programs
    Alasdair

    Done that but nothing running in background......more ideas!

    Marti Wrote:
    > Last week Photoshop was fine this week when I use any of the tools
    > especialy
    > the eraser tool, it is not smooth in it's movement it's slow jagged,
    > nervous
    > and is not procise. Cant do any detailed work becouse I have no control
    > of
    > the fine movment as before. All my programs are running slow. The tools
    > are
    > laging behind about a second
    > Any one got any ideas.........How to get back to speed

    Is it just with Photoshop or is the PC slow generally? Have you
    defragmented recently? See if the fragmentation levels are high and run
    a defragmenter if needed, in fact regularly as it can help keep the
    system fast.

    --
    omni

Windows XP