Task Manager Help Unavailable

I have Windows XP and I recently had a problem with my task manager becoming
disabled. Upon attempting to open task manager I would recieve a message
stating that it had been disabled by my administrator, I am the administrator
and I did not disable the task manager. I corrected this problem and now when
I attempt to open the help menu in the task manager I get a message stating
that the task manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I don't know a fix for your problem.

See if this will open Task Manager Help.

Start | Run | Paste this in the box and click OK.

%systemroot%\Help\taskmgr.chm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6A976385-6FBA-40EB-8B35-5A9012CAEA90@microsoft.com,
Jeremy Wright <Jeremy Wright@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have Windows XP and I recently had a problem with my task manager
> becoming disabled. Upon attempting to open task manager I would recieve a
> message stating that it had been disabled by my administrator, I am the
> administrator and I did not disable the task manager. I corrected this
> problem and now when I attempt to open the help menu in the task manager
> I get a message stating that the task manager has encountered a problem
> and needs to close.

It worked.

Thank You,
Jeremy Wright

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> I don't know a fix for your problem.
>
> See if this will open Task Manager Help.
>
> Start | Run | Paste this in the box and click OK.
>
> %systemroot%\Help\taskmgr.chm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:6A976385-6FBA-40EB-8B35-5A9012CAEA90@microsoft.com,
> Jeremy Wright <Jeremy Wright@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have Windows XP and I recently had a problem with my task manager
> > becoming disabled. Upon attempting to open task manager I would recieve a
> > message stating that it had been disabled by my administrator, I am the
> > administrator and I did not disable the task manager. I corrected this
> > problem and now when I attempt to open the help menu in the task manager
> > I get a message stating that the task manager has encountered a problem
> > and needs to close.

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003