Josh

Ok.. I've got quite a listing of problems..

First off, my CD-RW (LG's HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B) is not being recognized
as a recording device (lack of "recording tab" under it's properties). I've
tried uninstalling the device and driver, I've removed upper/lower filters in
the registry under a particular key which I don't feel like typing out.. I've
removed all signs of cd-burning software, even in the registry. I've updated
my ASPI.. I went into the registry and modified the value of the CD Burner to
"2" versus what it was at which was set to "3".. That should have forced
windows to recognize it as a CD-RW (2) and not just a CD-ROM (3)..

Thats all that I've tried.. any suggestions? I also now get the "X:\ is not
accessible. Incorrect Function".. so maybe a solution to this aswell would
be appreciated.

Yes - the device is in my hardware listings and says its functioning just
fine.
No - No burning software is installed, however Roxio (which is known to
cause the problem) EZCD Creator 4.x was installed long before the problem
occurred..
Yes - My computer is free of viruses, worms, spyware, adware, etc.. blah
blah..
Yes - My computer has all the latest security updates and service pack
installments..
Hopefully answering those ahead of time will save both of us some time.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated, but I'd love to get the one that
will do the job! Thanks in advance.

Let me know what happens. I have similar situation. Thanks, Joan

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok.. I've got quite a listing of problems..
>
> First off, my CD-RW (LG's HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B) is not being
> recognized
> as a recording device (lack of "recording tab" under it's properties).
> I've
> tried uninstalling the device and driver, I've removed upper/lower filters
> in
> the registry under a particular key which I don't feel like typing out..
> I've
> removed all signs of cd-burning software, even in the registry. I've
> updated
> my ASPI.. I went into the registry and modified the value of the CD Burner
> "2" versus what it was at which was set to "3".. That should have forced
> windows to recognize it as a CD-RW (2) and not just a CD-ROM (3)..
>
> Thats all that I've tried.. any suggestions? I also now get the "X:\ is
> not
> accessible. Incorrect Function".. so maybe a solution to this aswell
> would
> be appreciated.
>
> Yes - the device is in my hardware listings and says its functioning just
> fine.
> No - No burning software is installed, however Roxio (which is known to
> cause the problem) EZCD Creator 4.x was installed long before the problem
> occurred..
> Yes - My computer is free of viruses, worms, spyware, adware, etc.. blah
> blah..
> Yes - My computer has all the latest security updates and service pack
> installments..
> Hopefully answering those ahead of time will save both of us some time.
>
> Any and all suggestions are appreciated, but I'd love to get the one that
> will do the job! Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS