C drive opens when I log into my account

June 24, 2005 4:31:01 PM

I use xp, everyone in my family has a seperate account. For some reason when
I log into my account the C drive folder opens up. I cannot find anything in
the options list that is making it open up in this manner. I've used spybot
search and destroy to view my programme start up list and there is nothing on
there which would suggest why its opening up. This is an annoyance more than
something critical, if someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it
June 24, 2005 7:41:24 PM

"Equilibrium" <Equilibrium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use xp, everyone in my family has a seperate account. For some reason
>when
> I log into my account the C drive folder opens up. I cannot find anything
> in
> the options list that is making it open up in this manner. I've used
> spybot
> search and destroy to view my programme start up list and there is nothing
> on
> there which would suggest why its opening up. This is an annoyance more
> than
> something critical, if someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it

You probably have a null value in your startup in the registery, look in the
following registry key and see if there a null value that looks like two
quotation marks "" and delete the key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
June 24, 2005 8:33:01 PM

This is sometimes normal. It should go away soon. It may be the cause of
installing something. This happened to me before but I fixed this myself.