Mouse is goind crazy - Help

My mouse seems to be going crazy, especially when making quick movements
with it. We noticed quite some time ago that the mouse would start tracking
all by itself, usually inching up to the top of the screen. It is causing IE
to scroll up and down, it is bringing up menus we didn't click on, etc. It
is a GE Scroll Mouse, and we are using XP Home. I did an automatic search
from the device driver, but it did not find anything on the Widows update
site. We noticed the problem with the mouse pointer moving by itself right
after installing the XP Service Pack.

Any thoughts? Anybody have a driver specific to the GE 97859 Scroll Mouse?

Thanks

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA

Your issue may happen if your video adapter drivers are
corrupt or the video adapter itself may be defective. Download
and install the latest drivers for your video adapter. If the problem
persists, replace your video adapter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"JC Home" wrote:

| My mouse seems to be going crazy, especially when making quick movements
| with it. We noticed quite some time ago that the mouse would start tracking
| all by itself, usually inching up to the top of the screen. It is causing IE
| to scroll up and down, it is bringing up menus we didn't click on, etc. It
| is a GE Scroll Mouse, and we are using XP Home. I did an automatic search
| from the device driver, but it did not find anything on the Widows update
| site. We noticed the problem with the mouse pointer moving by itself right
| after installing the XP Service Pack.
|
| Any thoughts? Anybody have a driver specific to the GE 97859 Scroll Mouse?
|
| Thanks
|
| --
| Jeff Ciaccio
| Dallas, GA

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Have you checked for viruses or hackers latley?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Your issue may happen if your video adapter drivers are
> corrupt or the video adapter itself may be defective. Download
> and install the latest drivers for your video adapter. If the problem
> persists, replace your video adapter.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "JC Home" wrote:
>
> | My mouse seems to be going crazy, especially when making quick movements
> | with it. We noticed quite some time ago that the mouse would start tracking
> | all by itself, usually inching up to the top of the screen. It is causing IE
> | to scroll up and down, it is bringing up menus we didn't click on, etc. It
> | is a GE Scroll Mouse, and we are using XP Home. I did an automatic search
> | from the device driver, but it did not find anything on the Widows update
> | site. We noticed the problem with the mouse pointer moving by itself right
> | after installing the XP Service Pack.
> |
> | Any thoughts? Anybody have a driver specific to the GE 97859 Scroll Mouse?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | --
> | Jeff Ciaccio
> | Dallas, GA

frodo

have you cleaned the mouse? clean ball and rollers if mechanical, clean
optical pickup if optical. I've often seen optical's do this sort of
thing if a tiny hair or fleck of "twitching" dust is on the pickup. cats
in the house tend to agravate this behaviour.
;-

I run AVG every night and get updates before doing so, but I have noticed
that a standard mouse works. I guess the problem is in the scroll mouse's
driver. Any thoughts?

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA